As a trusted method for correcting a patient's vision and reducing their reliance on glasses and contact lenses, LASIK eye surgery has caught the attention of the public. Consequently, many individuals living in and around the New York, NY, area contact ophthalmologist Dr. Laurence Sperber to discuss their candidacy for the breakthrough treatment. According to the Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery, patients report a success rate of up to 96 percent after surgery, in addition to many other benefits of LASIK eye surgery.
A successful LASIK procedure can open up a whole world of new experiences.
Advantages of Choosing LASIK for Visual Error Corrections
LASIK eye surgery can be used to correct a wide range of visual errors, including nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia. For the right candidates, LASIK offers a wealth of advantages.
Some of the most commonly reported benefits of the procedure include:
- Freedom from corrective lenses: Reducing or eliminating the need for glasses and contact lenses not only gives patients more freedom and independence, but can save them money on eye care and eyewear, as well.
- Immediate results: Although you will not experience an immediate improvement in vision the moment surgery ends, you should begin to see changes within a day or so. As your eyes heal from the corneal reshaping performed during the LASIK protocol, you will continue to experience better and better vision.
- No sutures or bandages: Lasers have changed the way professionals like Dr. Sperber operate on their patients. Because lasers are extremely precise instruments, no stitches are required to close the incision after surgery. This reduces the trauma to the eye and speeds up recovery. It also lowers the risk of infection during healing.
- An increase in self-confidence: Being dependent on glasses can take a toll on a patient’s confidence. Having the ability to go without any type of corrective eyewear often brings with it a sense of self-reliance that translates to heightened self-esteem. This is especially important for people who cannot or will not wear contact lenses but prefer not to wear glasses all the time.
- Career opportunities: Some career paths like law enforcement or aviation are not available to those who have to wear eyeglasses or contact lenses. By removing the barriers to interviewing and studying for new positions, LASIK eye surgery can transform a patient’s job and earnings outlook.
- New activity choices: Some activities, like swimming, can be more challenging for athletes or hobbyists who require contact lenses or glasses to see clearly. By undergoing the LASIK eye surgery procedure, patients can explore activities and interests that were previously unavailable or too much of a challenge.
LASIK Benefits for Every Patient
From freedom from eyewear to fewer expenses for contact lenses, solutions, and maintenance, the list of LASIK advantages is truly expansive. If you would like to learn about LASIK eye surgery for yourself or for a loved one, call Dr. Sperber in New York, NY to schedule an appointment today. You could be closer to experiencing the pros of LASIK treatment than you thought.